How to Use the PYRO-ENERGEN
*It is completely unnecessary to discharge the machine after the end of every session, especially if the unit and the mesh net or metal screen are affixed on a certain place. The machine also discharges by itself after several hours.*
After your treatment session is completed and you unplugged the unit, the high tension voltage can persist for hours and you may get slight shock if the Output High Voltage is touched accidentally. A short 20-inch Discharge Cable included with the unit will be used to discharge the high voltage. This is a quick process that only takes a few seconds.
- First and foremost, unplug the unit's AC power line cord from the wall outlet or turn off the power extension bar if you're using one.
- Using the Discharge Cable (hold only the plastic insulated handle), touch the black plug to the black jack (Discharger/Ground) at the front of the unit.
- Then, tap the red plug to the red jack (High Voltage Discharger) at the back of the unit repeatedly until the spark is gone. Do not attempt to touch it to the Output High Voltage terminal!
Note: You do not need to fully insert the plugs. You simply just have to make a metal-to-metal contact (a short circuit).
Other important things to remember:
- Depending on weather condition, discharging the machine immediately after use may produce a bigger discharge spark because of a large buildup of static electricity that has been produced. Ideally in these cases, it would be better if you wait for about 5 minutes before discharging the machine so that the bulk of static electricity has already subsided and so less buildup of electricity the discharge system has to filter.
- If the machine is being used continually by different people throughout the whole day (like in wellness centers), then we suggest that the discharge cable is not used so as not to repeatedly discharge the static electricity every now and then to avoid unnecessary stress to the machine. Only remember that the next patient should be sitting first on an insulated chair before their feet touches the plate. This is to ensure that they are no longer grounded in the first place.
The PYRO-ENERGEN electrostatic therapy machine comes with an air ionizer built in. The negative ions are continuously being emitted around the patient's body while they are undergoing PYRO-ENERGEN therapy at the same time.