Don't Complain for This Food and That
Someone sent me an article saying that cola is bad for our health. Yes, many people think that way, but there is no definite answer for it, just like cigarette smoking. While it is true that no one believes that smoking can have a positive effect to our health, some people say that cigarette smoking helps in activating and stimulating our brain functions. Maybe you're right and maybe you're wrong.
Whenever my friends come to my house, I usually offer them coffee, tea, cakes, ice cream, and instant noodles.
And, here are some of the cases that we experienced:
- One of the visitors saw me preparing green tea using the microwave oven. She told me that microwave makes the food poisonous and the green tea contains caffeine, which are bad to her health.
- When a businessman came to my house, I offered him coffee, but he did not drink it. He said coffee contains caffeine, which is bad and against his religion. Also, when he saw the sugar cube, he told me that it is just like a cube of poisons.
- Another man did not eat lunch with us, because he saw us cooking our food using microwave oven. He also mentioned that microwave is a poison converter of the century. According to him, everything we cook with microwave turns to poison.
- A woman from a certain religious sect came and told us “no coffee, no green tea, no sweet cakes, no coke, no instant noodle, and no other instant processed stuffs”. According to her and her religion, they are all toxic foods, and they are all evils. Wow. Amen.
- A male spiritual leader told us that he eats only vegetables. Yes, he is a vegetarian. He stayed in our house one night. We had boiled eggs and toasted bread during snack. He got one, and said “Egg is considered a part of vegetable”. He ate it. Is egg a vegetable? I am glad to know that the vegetarian eat egg. We just wonder.
Let's take the case of coffee and green tea since it is common and it's everywhere nowadays. Our research found both favorable and controversial sides. We know that daily tea consumption reduces the risk of stroke as our ancestors also agree with it. However, we really do not know how great it can reduce the risk by consuming green tea, because most Chinese and Japanese drink tea habitually after meals and during break time.
The majority of our PYRO-ENERGEN staffs drink about 4–5 cups of coffee every day. Is it because there is a big coffee brewer standing in our office room for nearly 12 hours? And, notice that we are all healthy anyhow.
We are very careful in our diet. So far, all of us have no heart problems and bad cholesterol contents in the blood. Probably, all of us belong to the healthy side.
The effect of coffee on heart problems are data collected from nearly 10 years of survey done. According to the record given to us, only a cup or two of coffee do not show any difference in their health. At least three cups or more should be taken daily to reduce the risk of stroke. However, we do not have any records of side effects in health maintenance.
We know that there are thousands of people who talk about the effects of coffee on health, whether on blood pressure, heart rate, blood sugar, pregnancy, cholesterol, metabolism, teeth, and so on. Yes, both pro and con are right according to their statistical surveys.
Based on our own studies that we conducted, everything we eat and drink is good as long as they are in right amount in our right lifestyle. Pros and cons may only be among sick or sickly people. Healthy people won't complain at all. Is it not the reason I do not get sick of what they suffer? The only thing that I don't do is drink and smoke.
Reprint Rights: You may reprint this article within your website, blog, or newsletter as long as the entire article remains the same as well as the “About the Author” box.