How to Make Juicy and Healthy Hamburgers
Let's not talk about maladies today. Well, how about making hamburgers? I love cooking as you can see in my articles. Most of the time I do cooking when I have no work at home. This is also to reduce my stress and regain strength.
Everyone loves hamburger, especially the juicy ones that are as good as a first class restaurant hamburger. Is it possible to make such hamburger without the special oven they use? Yes, we can do it with simple household cooking tools. We know the technique in shielding the juicy parts inside the hamburger without using any special oven and equipments. Your hamburger may taste better than the one you ate in fast food restaurants!
Hamburgers in the restaurants are juicy, while homemade hamburgers taste like dried meat and bread. If we ask our chef friend, he will only tell us to use a special oven. Did you know that the oven our chef friend is using costs several thousand dollars? Wow! We cannot afford it just for making hamburgers. So I tried to find out and study if there any other techniques that can make hamburgers the same way chefs cook.
Here's what I found out. You can cook juicy, tasty, and healthy hamburger at the comfort of your home. Can you believe that what you only need is a simple frying pan you are using?
OK, well, let us prepare the ingredients.
- 200 g / 0.45 lbs. ground beef and pork. Include white oily portion 7:3 ratio.
- 2 g / a pinch of salt
- 1 g / a pinch of black pepper
- 1 piece egg
- 1 piece onion
- 40 g / 1.4 ounces of milk
- 1/2 piece carrot
- 1 piece potato
- 1 teaspoon gluten
Serving Size: 2
- Chop the onion into small pieces and fry for about 10 minutes with a spoonful of butter until the onion becomes brownish. If you're worried about toasting the onion too much, you can add a little water in it. It will increase its natural sweetness.
- Put the ground beef and pork in a mixing bowl. Add salt and black pepper and crack a raw egg. Mix them and knead like dough for about 3 minutes. This is a crucial part in having a tasty and juicy hamburger.
- After 3 minutes of kneading, mix roasted onion in it and knead again for one minute.
- Now, you can divide the mixture into 2 pieces with about 1/2 inch of thickness. Keep it inside the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Prepare a metal-made frying pan (do not use Teflon-coated frying pan) and heat it on the stove for 50 seconds. Place salad oil in it, and continue heating for another 10 seconds.
- Place the hamburger meat and cook it for about 1 minute 30 seconds on one side then flip them once, and then cook them for another 1 minute 30 seconds on the other side. Do not worry in case it over-toasted.
- Slice the potato and carrot into 6 pieces each with thickness of about 6 mm or 0.24 inches, and place them alternately on the pan.
- Pour water and place the toasted hamburger on top of the sliced potato and carrot. Cover with glass top cover for steaming. Cook in medium heat for about 8–9 minutes until the potatoes and carrots are done. If you overheat it and there's no water, just add a little water.
- At this point, the hamburger including the sliced potatoes and carrots are well done.
How to Make Tasty Sauce
- 1 tablespoon of hot soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon of mustard
- 1 teaspoon of brandy
Mix all the above with a spoonful of butter and heat with remaining hot soup in the pan.
- 3 tablespoons of water
- 1 teaspoon of oyster sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon of soy
- 1 teaspoon of butter
Mix all the above with the remaining hot soup in the pan.
Is it difficult to make this homemade hamburger? If so, then go to the nearby snack shop, hahaha. For sure, this homemade hamburger is better and tastier than others.
What are the advantages of this homemade hamburger? It is so simple to make, tasty, delicious, and healthy. You will begin to love cooking just like me.
Reprint Rights: You may reprint this article within your website, blog, or newsletter as long as the entire article remains the same as well as the “About the Author” box.