Ionized Water — A Scam
Is “Kangen water” or “ionized water” a scam? How does this scam work? These bottled water scams are gravely increasing nowadays. Have you ever realized that they are nothing more than health quackery scams?
There exists a pseudoscientific nonsense called “oxygenated water”, too. The truth is, oxygen does not travel freely in the blood, and ionized forms of oxygen have very short life. Also, diatomic oxygen is toxic to living cells, and ionic forms of oxygen are even deadlier.
Magnet therapies are also in the market. Ionized water is the same scam as magnet therapy and detox foot spa.
Also read articles:
“Magnetizer and Magnetic Therapy”
“Detox Foot Spa, Is It a Scam? You'd Better Know the Truth”
Manufacturers claim that ionized and bottled water and the system itself are approved by the FDA and Federal Trade Authorities, and that the products are patented. But then again, patents and FDA approval can be obtained as long as the object does not kill you.
Is ionized water a scam? Yes, ionized water is definitely a scam!
Ionized water being marketed by the health and food industry—is a scam.
Water is purported to be ionized when it has been exposed to an electric current, to separate the positive ions from the negative ions. This is supposed to give you two types of water—one that is acidic and one that is alkaline. The alkaline water is the good water you're supposed to drink. The acidic water is the “not-good” one you're supposed to avoid drinking.
Surprisingly, none of the ionized water producers will tell you that pure water itself contains very few ions in the first place, so this entire ionizing process is really useless. Consumers are cheated, really! How can you ionize the water if there are not enough ions in it? Also, you should know that the water you drink is already alkaline, which ionized water manufacturers don't tell you. Therefore, alkaline water is a hoax.
Quackery-filled hawkers tell you that so many lives are manifested to serious illnesses because of water we are drinking.
A scientist wrote as below, and we agree with it:
- Ionized water is nothing more than a sales fiction. This term is meaningless to scientists.
- The idea that you should drink alkaline water (Kangen water) to neutralize the effects of acidic foods is ridiculous. We get rid of excess acid by exhaling carbon dioxide.
- If you drink alkaline water, its alkalinity is quickly removed by the highly acidic gastric fluid in the stomach.
- Pure water is non-conductive enough to undergo significant electrolysis by water ionizer devices.
- Pure water can never be alkaline or acidic. All the water you drink becomes alkaline in the intestine, anyway.
- Health benefit claims of drinking alkaline water are not supported by credible scientific evidence at all.
- If you want to de-acidify your stomach, just take calcium-magnesium pills such as Alka-Seltzer or Milk of Magnesia, ha-ha.
- Electrolysis devices are therefore worthless for treating water for health reasons.
- Ionized water is not an anti-oxidant. Do not believe those scam advertisements.
As you understand from the statements above, hundreds of ionized water scams are in the market. Alkaline water or ionized water does nothing to your health. Quackery-filled hawkers sell for money, not for health reasons. These falsehoods are not backed by any scientific evidence. Ionized water does not cure cancer, heart disease, stomach ulcers, and so on.
Drink coconut juice directly from coconut. That's so much healthier than ionized water. Coconut water can reduce cholesterol and make you healthier. Today, you can buy coconut in big malls of cities, not coconut jungle.